Election 2008 - Foer, Franklin - Yale University Press
- Related Categories
- Political Science
- Series Information
- A New Republic Book
A Voter's Guide
Franklin Foer and the Editors of The New Republic; Illustrations by David Cowles
Out of Print.
Visit The New Republic's website or follow up to date commentary with TNR's staff blogs, The Plank, The Stump, The Spine and Open University.
Featuring the writers and editors of THE NEW REPUBLIC, this handbook for the 2008 presidential election contains information every citizen needs as we head into the primaries. THE NEW REPUBLIC'S Election 2008: A Voter’s Guide includes deeply reported, psychologically rich profiles of candidates and a compendium of facts and figures about the hopefuls. Marked throughout by the irreverent wit, style, and intelligence of THE NEW REPUBLIC, this will be the indispensable guide to the 2008 election season.
Election 2008: A Voter’s Guide features:
· Ryan Lizza on Barack Obama’s real guru
· Michael Crowley on Hillary Clinton’s views of war and peace
· Jonathan Cohn on Mitt Romney’s uncomfortable relationship with his father
· Thomas B. Edsall on Rudy Giuliani’s unlikely appeal
· Jason Zengerle on John Edwards’s populist reinvention
· Michelle Cottle on the masculine charms of Fred Thompson
· Noam Scheiber on the many conversions of Sam Brownback
· John B. Judis on the electoral trends that will determine the next president
Franklin Foer is editor of The New Republic and author of How Soccer Explains the World: An Unlikely Theory of Globalization.
OTHER TITLES IN THIS SERIES